Ayurveda On your mat
Ayurveda, described as the science of life, is a five thousand year old healing tradition originating in India. It is the sister science to yoga and emphasizes the importance of creating and maintaining positive health.
In this 20 hour immersion course, participants will have the opportunity to learn the basic principles of both Yoga and Ayurveda and how to incorporate those principles into their lives so that they can connect to their inherent health and happiness within.
*Yoga Alliance accredited for 20 hours of continuing education*
Who’s this course for:
- Anyone wishing to take their health into their own hands.
- Yoga students and teachers wanting to dive deeper into the sister sciences of Yoga & Ayurveda.
- The history of Yoga and Ayurveda: The Vedas, Samkyha philosophy, Ayurvedic psychology.
- The building blocks of Yoga and Ayurveda: The 8 limbs and the pancha mahabutas.
- Your Ayurvedic Body/Mind type: Prakruti and Vrikruti .
- Bringing Ayurveda to your mat: Meditation, pranayama, asana.
- Bringing Ayurveda into your every day life: Lifestyle, diet, routine.
- A detailed manual (70+ pages)
- An Ayurvedic Swag Bag
- 8 hours of lecture, 6 hours of group work, 6 hours active participation
- September 28-30th
- Friday (6:00-10:00pm), Saturday and Sunday (11:30am-7:30pm)
Early Bird: $399/course (By August 31st )
Non refundable Deposit due at time of registration: $80/course
Angela has been practicing yoga and indulging in the wonders of Ayurveda for over a decade and teaching regularly for the past 10 years. Angela completed her studies through Himalaya Yoga Valley, an internationally accredited yoga program, located in Goa, India. In her program, she studied yoga under Yogacharya Lalit, who has studied under Sri BKS Iyengar, Sri K Pattabhi Jois, Sri Sharath Jois, and Sri BNS Iyengar, and studied Ayurveda under Dr. Rohit Borkar. Most recently, she has completed the Ayurvedic Counseling program through Kerala Ayurveda Academy.
Angela has been continually blessed and inspired by the ways she has seen Yoga and Ayurveda transform lives and bodies, including her own. She has a genuine passion for teaching all things and finds joy in encouraging her students to explore their unique gifts.
From the beginning of her practice Caitlin has been studying and practicing Ayurveda and Yoga as a system. While studying traditional western medicine in school, Caitlin came across Ayurveda and dropped everything to fully pursue the first form of medicine that resonated with her ethics and understanding of the human body on an individual basis. Since then, Caitlin has studied yoga and Ayurveda thoroughly, receiving her 300- hour training in yoga asana as well as becoming a certified Ayurvedic Counselor through Kerala Ayurveda Academy. Upon her completion of her counselor program she headed straight for the source, India. Caitlin spent several months immersing herself among different swamis, doctors and yogis gathering experience and knowledge of this practice.
Caitlin believes that as a system, Yoga and Ayurveda have all the information needed to fully understand how our minds and bodies work. She believes that as a student and teacher of this practice, applying Ayurvedic principles in ones daily life is the best opportunity that we have to better understand ourselves and how we behave in response to the world around us. Caitlin is a devoted student and looks forward to any and all opportunities to share this knowledge that she believes can better all lives.
Ayurveda changes lives and is beneficial for all practices, careers and lives. This is why we are offering TWO SCHOLARSHIP opportunities. These scholarships will take $100 off the training, providing you with 20hr CE for just $329. If you would like to study with us, please email email@example.com by the 15th of August and answer the following questions:
1) How will you use the knowledge you gain to better the world you live in?
2) What would this scholarship mean to you?
3) Why do you believe you are the best candidate for this scholarship?
4) How has Ayurveda already made a difference in your life?
5) Why this training?